Rational 360 leveraged social media data to uncover which individuals and organizations that are the most followed on social media by the 118th Congress (2023-2025). By mapping online influence over these decision makers, Rational 360 has new insight into the connections between media and power in the nation’s capital.
The analysis answers questions such as:
- What news outlets and journalists do policymakers pay most attention to?
- Which political party has more influence on its Members in Congress?
- Who in Hollywood is the most listened to by policymakers?
- How can opinion leaders and communications professionals use influencers to shift policymaker perceptions?
Our Process for Identifying Top Influencers on Each Political Party in the 118th Congress
Step 1: Build & Sort
Rational 360 identified both official and personal social media handles of each member of the 118th Congress (2023-2025) across both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate.
Step 2: Identify & Quantify
Rational 360 identified which voices Members of Congress follow most.
- Influencers – People with the most Congress Members following them.
- Influence Score – The number of Members of Congress following an Influencer.
Step 3: Categorize & Analyze
Rational 360 organized Influencers into six buckets. A qualitative analysis of top-ranked voices in each category reveals insights into who is influencing the 118th Congress.
- Media Figures
- News Outlets
- Political Figures
- Policy Influencers
- Policy Organizations
- Non-Policy Influencers
This document will detail key findings and map out paths for how your business or organization can influence power in the nation’s capital.
Download the “Influencing the 118th Congress” Report
Stay In Touch
Complete the form to stay up-to-date with Rational 360 news.