Rational 360 is hiring a Vice President of Healthcare Communications to manage several healthcare client accounts and to help lead our firm. Candidates must have at least 5-7 years of prior healthcare public affairs or communications experience. Must be able to lead clear and impactful engagement with patient groups to help the firm's clients and build the reputation of the firm's overall healthcare business. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating with client federal, state, and local advocacy and alliance teams on their legislative, grassroots, and third-party activities and campaigns.
Vice Presidents engage in daily client consultation and strategy development, produce high-level communications materials and manage state-level public affairs campaigns. They are part of the firm's senior management and assist with business development, mentorship, and strategic planning.
Our firm is committed to high-quality, personal service and we specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations, and digital communications.
- At least 5-7 years of healthcare public affairs or communications experience
- Health policy knowledge at both the federal and state levels
- Knowledge of the patient advocacy landscape and existing relationships with third-party groups in the healthcare space
- Coalition or third-party campaign management and healthcare media relationship
- Healthcare public affairs campaign strategy development/execution
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing staff
- Experience managing clients and/or project teams
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience developing and editing high-quality written materials
- Familiarity with the professional use of digital media channels
- Bachelor's degree
About Rational 360
Rational 360 is a leader in full-service strategic communications. We understand the unique opportunities and challenges of the 21st-century media landscape. From public relations and public affairs to marketing and new media strategy, our experienced team takes an innovative, active approach to address client needs. We understand that there is no single solution to every communications challenge, so we work closely with our clients to develop customized communications strategies to reach targeted groups, shape opinions, advance reputations, build and restore brands and attract and engage customers. Our senior team has worked at the highest levels of government and with the C-suites of Fortune 500 companies, serving as senior advisers to political leaders and campaigns from both parties. In advertising, politics, public affairs, new media, public company communications, change management, brand positioning strategies, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership programs, and consumer media relations.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (not to exceed 400 words) and resume (not to exceed one page) to email@example.com.