Rational 360 is hiring a Social Listening Associate to help lead and expand the firm’s integrated data approach for clients. Candidates must have experience gleaning insights from data sets in an advocacy or political context. Candidates must be eager to work in a fast-paced environment and able to manage a diverse workload. Our firm is committed to high-quality, personal service and we specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations and interactive digital communications.
- 1-2 years of experience analyzing online conversation with proven results
- Willingness and excitement to think creatively and entrepreneurially about digital opportunities for individual campaigns and the agency as a whole
- Curious self-starter who enjoys digging into data to help others understand the data and inform campaign-driving insights
- Familiarity with some/all of the following: social listening tools (e.g. Brandwatch, NetBase, Spredfast/Khoros, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, or Meltwater), advocacy and fundraising CRMs (e.g. BSD, EveryAction), Google Analytics, Tableau, and message testing platforms (e.g. Qualtrics)
- Strong background/interest in developing custom Boolean queries
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Statistical or business background, with experience wrangling small and large data sets to extract effective and accurate data
- Willingness to experiment and add to a supportive and collegial environment where we can try new things
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate data and analysis visually, verbally and written – tailored to the audience
About Rational 360
Rational 360 is a leader in full-service strategic communications. We understand the unique opportunities and challenges of the 21st-century media landscape. From public relations and public affairs to marketing and new media strategy, our experienced team takes an innovative, active approach to address client needs. We understand that there is no single solution to every communications challenge, so we work closely with our clients to develop customized communications strategies to reach targeted groups, shape opinions, advance reputations, build and restore brands and attract and engage customers. Our senior team has worked at the highest levels of government and with the C-suites of Fortune 500 companies, serving as senior advisers to political leaders and campaigns from both parties. In advertising, politics, public affairs, new media, public company communications, change management, brand positioning strategies, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership programs, and consumer media relations.
Interested applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.