Rational 360 a quickly growing public relations and public affairs firm in downtown D.C. is hiring a Public Relations Associate to support several client accounts. The ideal candidate will have experience in public relations, research, writing, digital media, media pitching, and have an interest in public affairs and American politics. Prospective candidates should have a working knowledge of Washington, be eager to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage a diverse workload.
Associates play an active role in coordinating and implementing daily account activities including producing high-level communications materials and managing media relations campaigns. Our firm is committed to high-quality, personal service and we specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations, and interactive communications.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of communications, public relations, digital media or comparable job experience
- Strong media relations experience with proven results and demonstrated experience working with and pitching to reporters
- Results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills a must
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and edit high quality written materials, including:
- Press Materials
- Marketing Materials
- Fact Sheets
- Talking Points
- Other Essential Internal and External Communications
About Rational 360
Rational 360 is a leader in full-service strategic communications. We understand the unique opportunities and challenges of the 21st-century media landscape. From public relations and public affairs to marketing and new media strategy, our experienced team takes an innovative, active approach to address client needs. We understand that there is no single solution to every communications challenge, so we work closely with our clients to develop customized communications strategies to reach targeted groups, shape opinions, advance reputations, build and restore brands and attract and engage customers. Our senior team has worked at the highest levels of government and with the C-suites of Fortune 500 companies, serving as senior advisers to political leaders and campaigns from both parties. In advertising, politics, public affairs, new media, public company communications, change management, brand positioning strategies, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership programs, and consumer media relations.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter (not to exceed 400 words) and resume (not to exceed one page) to email@example.com.